This qualification has been developed in partnership with the Association for Physical Education (afPE) and is supported by employers and the industry. The 1st4Sport Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Development and Physical Activity in the Early Years (QCF) has been designed to help up-skill the early-years workforce in the area of physical development for children aged 0-5, as well as develop a lasting appreciation for healthy living and physical activity in both children and parents/guardians.
During the achievement of the qualification you will complete the following learning outcomes:
- Be able to understand the principles of physical development and early movement skills
- be able to understand the principles of safe practice in an early years environment
- be able to promote healthy living and well-being to children aged 0-5, as well as parents/guardians of children aged 0-5
- be able to plan, deliver and review physical activity sessions linked to a particular area of physical development
- be able to assess and observe children in an early years environment against expected development patterns.
7 Online Tasks Completed in own time
1 Contact Learning Day when online tasks completed (Unscheduled)
6 Linked sessions delivered in School Environment
1 Assessment in School Environment
If you would like to spread the cost over 4 monthly payments of £100 click here:
Who should attend?
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA),
- Early Years Teaching Assistant (TA),
- Early Years Sports Development Officer,
- Sports coach supporting reception & KS1 curriculum delivery,
- Volunteer or leader.
QCF Credit Value: