Developed in partnership with FA, the 1st4sport Level 2 Award in Leadership through Football (QCF) (L2ALTF) is an exciting qualification that will enable young people to develop leadership, personal and thinking skills through supporting the development of grass-roots football.
This unique qualification is a conduit for learners to develop a range of skills as independent enquirers, team workers, self-managers, creative thinkers and effective participators. These skills are developed through an engagement with The FA’s grass-roots football development programmes.
- Learners will be introduced to a number of leadership roles, including:
- Leading football activity sessions
- Refereeing small-sided games
- Managing a local small-sided game team
- Contributing to the organisation and delivery of a local football festival/event for young people.
Online Tasks Completed in own time
16Hrs Contact Learning Time as appropriate to school/college/club etc
4 Linked sessions delivered and recorded
1 Assessment in school/college/club
QCF Credit Value: